(Regular Track - Two Weeks)
(Fast Track - 2-5 days)
Architectural Desktop I - Residential Buildings
Duration: 3 Days (10 am to 5 pm with one hour lunch break)
Cost: $ 1899 + HST
On special request the workshop can be done on weekday nights or on weekends.
Designed for Architectural and Interior Design professionals, this course introduces Architectural Desktop modelling concepts. This introductory course covers the creation of integrated building models as the basis for extracted construction drawings. Topics include display configurations, styles and style management, basics of plan view creation with wall, window, door, and roof objects, stairs and railings, basic annotation, and sheet layout as well as symbol management for furniture, appliances, and fixtures. Students will generate floor, roof, and reflected ceiling plans, as well as basic elevations and 3D views of a two-story, 3000 square foot, residential building model.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Create and modify wall styles with Architectural Desktop.
2. Create and modify parametric Architectural Desktop component styles.
3. Create and modify parametric, 3D building models with Architectural Desktop.
4. Work with the architectural desktop display manager and display system to create floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, and presentation plans from a single building model.
5. Extract and annotate Floor plan drawings from a 3D Building model.
6. Extract and annotate Elevation drawings from a 3D building model.
7. Extract and annotate Section and Detail drawings from a 3D building model.
8. Generate live section views of a 3D building model.
For more information, please call us at 647-430-7478 or email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org